Soccer Smarts

Offline Maple

Soccer Smarts
« il: 27 Feb 2014, 15:30 »
What a joy it has been to read an interesting topic on the italian version about "intelligenza calcistica".  It is also very refreshing to read something other than stupid subjects such as "Libera la Lazio" etc. etc.
This is a topic that I feel not enough soccer fans understand.  This is the reason that most lazionetters love players like Zarate and Hernanes, but don't really understand that their true value to a team is much less than their individual talent.

Re:Soccer Smarts
« Risposta #1 il: 04 Mar 2014, 14:50 »
Sometimes a player like Brocchi is better than Hernanes...

Offline Lativm88

« Risposta #2 il: 06 Mar 2014, 10:40 »

I always loved passionate players
« Risposta #3 il: 13 Apr 2014, 10:20 »
I always loved passionate players
« Risposta #4 il: 06 Mag 2014, 08:58 »
We need a leader of man.
« Risposta #5 il: 23 Mag 2014, 08:37 »

But a player like Brocchi you can build it up in your own academy picking from the youngs and trusting them,take Onazi for example,which already has more quality than Brocchi and its in his 20's...

A player like Hernanes is a gift.
Quality is harder to build up compared to mere athletic skills/energies and its easier to fit in whichever team,has a larger impact (needless to say,media,supporters...even your opponents...if you have such a talented player your team does an effective jump besides how he does really play during whole season) in a match outcome and may lead to successes which would've been impossible to achieve without.