Lazio's 2010-2011 Season

frontwards

frontwards

Re:Lazio's 2010-2011 Season
« Risposta #20 il: 11 Set 2010, 21:39 »
Hi to everyone.
Glad to see this forum section so active, I guess it's time for me to start over writing some bs.  :D
Even though I live near Rome I can barely attend the stadium twice a year, due to job-related problems.

Anyway, still 15 hours 'till our next match against Bologna, hoping Reja will find the optimal settings for the defence line-up and the prophet's position as well.

(While I'm typing Cesena scored a goal against Milan...  :lol: )

The new official website is way better than the old one, still not that good though; as frontwards said, let's hope it'll get better soon, time will tell.

C'mon Lazio!

someone else might have scored a few goals as well...sorry i meant points, i was referring to the djokovic-federer match at the us open  8)
let this next hour, and the rest of the night, go quickly...i can't wait to walk into the stadium again tomorrow...
COME ON LAZIO!
 :band1:

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #21 il: 12 Set 2010, 12:54 »
ok everyone...
gonna start making my way to the stadium in a bit...i'll check in sometime later on with a few thoughts and comments.
FORZA LAZIO
 :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1:

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #22 il: 12 Set 2010, 20:15 »
back from the match and all that is going through my head is the elementary thought 'YES, F'ING YES!'...these are the matches the team had a difficult time getting a win in last season and they did it today.
climate at the stadium (other than the 31 degrees there were here in Rome today) was surreal (but hey, what's new right?). i was particularly amused at the 'lpdm' when we were up 2-0   :roll:
amazing Mauri performance overall, great the Rocchi goal...and my personal plea to Maurito: START PLAYING FOR THE TEAM, THEY NEED YOU AND WE AS FANS DO AS WELL!
now work work work during the week and let's go get a positive result in Florence on satruday!
SFL

« Risposta #23 il: 13 Set 2010, 22:52 »
C'MON LAZIO  :band1:

Offline Maple

« Risposta #24 il: 27 Set 2010, 04:19 »
Hello fellow Laziali,
Could someone please tell me how to start a new topic.

I would like to discuss youth players within the Lazio organization, and obtain some information on how to get new youth players into the system.  I am currently working with 2 exceptional young players that would look fantastic in our Lazio colors, and I need to speak with someone about it.

Thank you and .................FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Risposta #25 il: 29 Set 2010, 02:24 »
Hello fellow Laziali,
Could someone please tell me how to start a new topic.

I would like to discuss youth players within the Lazio organization, and obtain some information on how to get new youth players into the system.  I am currently working with 2 exceptional young players that would look fantastic in our Lazio colors, and I need to speak with someone about it.

Thank you and .................FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you can't open new threads until 30 posts or something like that. So start spamming in the other boards.

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #26 il: 01 Ott 2010, 19:15 »
hey maple...castroman was right, you need 25 posts to be able to open up a new topic.
best of luck with your two young talents and getting in touch with the right people inside the organization.
SFL

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #27 il: 18 Ott 2010, 21:24 »
everyone forgot how to type in english these past few weeks???  :)
come on! such an incredible start to the season and no action around these parts...
now, i was reading a topic about apologies in the italian side of the forum and i'll make mine here. i apologize to mr. Reja, i never thought it possible he'd be able to pull off what he's done with the team in these first seven matches.
now the word to you people.
SFL

Online Tarallo

« Risposta #28 il: 18 Ott 2010, 21:33 »
You're damn right man! :DD

It's just that we are keeping a low profile... I wouldn't want all the Chelsea, United, Arsenal fans that read these English pages to start worrying about Lazio now all of a sudden.
Relax guys, come here, read us, write your thoughts... We are no threat to your Champions' League hopes!!!!

Yet....   :poof:

Offline mrmoto

« Risposta #29 il: 19 Ott 2010, 11:47 »
I've been meaning to post something on these English pages for a couple of weeks now, but I just haven't had the time. I'm bilingual, in the sense that I grew up with two mother tongues, but all my schooling was done in English, and as such I find it easier to write in English. And yet I keep struggling in Italian. So here's my tuppence:

To say that I'm delighted is a rather obvious statement. I don't want to sound smug either, but I don't really have any apologies to say to anyone. I love everything about the current Lazio, and unlike Tarallo, I don't really think that Lazio are playing ugly football. But I will concede that we (Tarallo and I) probably have very differing standards. I know that we played more offensively under Delio Rossi, but I will trade the harmony of Reja's Lazio to the temperamental times of Delio (to whom I'm very grateful though, it must be said).

What do I like about this Lazio? I've always liked Radu, since he first arrived and before Delio Rossi forgot about him. I like defenders who are comfortable on the ball. Radu and Dias both possess this assuredness by the bucketload. And it seems to be catching on, as Biava has improved a great deal (possibly the only apology I owe is to him, who didn't impress me much last season). Licht has returned to his pre-Ballardini form, and Cavanda is a fantastic prospect for the future and present (another wonderful player on the ball). The back four are playing great and conceding very little (2.75 shots per game conceded, best in Serie A). Incidentally, I'm absolutely delighted we sold Kolarov. He was my most berated player last season, ask the poor people who sat next to me at the Olimpico. How many goals did we concede from his side when he was too lazy to return to defend?

Midfield? Well, my avatar has been Mauri since about last April. Never booed him and always insulted those that did. Love Brocchi, what a leader on the pitch. Ledesma is the midfield dam that he's always been; remember when we used to lose every game he didn't play? And Hernanes? Well... speechless.  But I think the secret this year is the abbundance. To those who complain about Matuzalem's absence, I say that right now it suits us to have a player like him who can only play every so often. In his one full game, he was majestic.  And while we keep winning, and thanks to Reja who has instilled a team ethic in his players, those on the bench don't seem to mind too much. Thanks Foggia, Del Nero and Bresciano.

The same is true for up front. Rocchi is being very mature, and long may it last. Floccari is playing fantastically, and Zarate is learning what playing in a team is all about. And Kozak is there when needed.

One last thought on Reja vs Rossi. As I said I'm deeply grateful to Rossi for the wonderful years and the Cup win with him. However, if I have to pick something, I got the feeling that he was sometimes found lacking in his relationship with the players. In particular, I got the idea that he was not very good at giving a player 'bad news'. How often were players dropped, and they went to the press to complain about their relationship with Delio? Well, Reja seems very different. He has instilled a great relationship with the players where everyone feels part of the project in hand. This is the little that I can see from outside, and I know that success is the best medicine, but the atmosphere around Camp Lazio is the most serene it's been in a while.

And it's even improving inside the stands of the Stadio Olimpico. The much berrated Tessera del Tifoso seems to have helped clean up the Curva Nord a little. I'm not sure how much this is just a surface situation, but things are much, much better than last season. We'll have to wait and see what happens when we hit a bad patch.

Thanks and Forza Lazio :D

Offline mrmoto

« Risposta #30 il: 22 Ott 2010, 12:06 »
Wow. This section of the forum really needs livening up.

Online Tarallo

« Risposta #31 il: 23 Ott 2010, 08:33 »
Hey, we do what we can.
Take it easy.
It's not like we can ask porga to come and write here. He struggles enough in Italian. :P

I think if we keep the leadership for a few more weeks, or if we stay somewhere up there for some amount of time, people from around the world will start showing up.
Otherwise sticazzi, we "twalk amongst ourselves" (cit. SNL 90's)
« Risposta #32 il: 23 Ott 2010, 16:42 »

Otherwise sticazzi

90-minutes applause :lol:

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #33 il: 25 Ott 2010, 18:44 »
hey mr moto welcome around these parts.
funny that no Chelsea, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich supporters haven't show up by now.
maybe they will if Napoli and Milan draw tonight??  :beer:
another great match, another great win...and one of the best things was seeing the faces and hearing the comments of the hosts and guests of domenica sportiva and controcampo last night (i'm not going to mention anyone in particular because i don't think they're worthy of even having space in this forum).
SFL and now let's go get another win against Portogruaro on wednesday.

Online Tarallo

« Risposta #34 il: 11 Nov 2010, 08:05 »
When it fucking rains, it fucking pours.

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #35 il: 11 Nov 2010, 12:44 »
When it fucking rains, it fucking pours.

But it isn't over until the fat lady sings tara' !
Definitely not the ideal past 4 days, hopefully Sunday will come around quickly...I know I'm saying the obvious, but the team just needs a win to get out of this little slump.

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #36 il: 14 Nov 2010, 17:31 »
I'm gonna start skipping lunch a little more often!

:band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1:

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #37 il: 15 Nov 2010, 21:00 »
Helloooooooooo...everyone forgot english once again???

It's not like we can ask porga to come and write here. He struggles enough in Italian. :P

i motion he does!
gibberish is welcome around these parts   :=))

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #38 il: 13 Dic 2010, 22:51 »
we need to keep our heads held high...what happened last night was nothing but a silly mistake in the last few seconds of the match.
the fact that this season we can hold our own against the "big" teams is good enough for me, rebuilding a team takes time and now we're finally starting to see the fruits of it.
we are still second!
on sunday we can, and will, beat udinese!
I AM A LAZIO SUPPORTER, I KEEP MY HEAD HELD HIGH.
COME ON MY LAZIO!