LAZIO-Genoa

frontwards

frontwards

LAZIO-Genoa
« il: 18 Set 2011, 10:50 »
being surrounded by endless midwestern fields
an alarm clock set at 7am to watch OUR match and eyes wide open at 3 in the morning
because i wish i could be there, walking into the stadium like i'd habitually do
because when emotions run this deep, there's only one home...
and this one is it

:band1: :band1: :band1: :band1: :band1:

to those of you who make it to this post, let the flags flow...FORZA LAZIO!!!!

:band3: :band3: :band3:  :bandes: :bandes: :bandes: :bandes: :band12: :band12: :band12: :band12:

Offline Maple

Re:LAZIO-Genoa
« Risposta #1 il: 19 Set 2011, 01:38 »
Terrible game!!!!!!!
I watched the game today as objectively as possible, and came to realize that coach Reja was not to blame.  We have quite a few problems with this year's team, and they need to be resovled as soon as possible (hopefully in the January transfer window). 

Our midfield is the biggest problem.  Today we started Sculli, Brocchi and Matuzalem.  None of these 3 players would be part of the starting 11 on any serious contender in Serie A.  Ledesma comes in during the second half and adds nothing to the lineup.  His ball distribution is, and has always been terrible.

IMHO, Hernanes is an extremely skilled player that is much too selfish.  He almost looked like Zarate today.  There was one specific chance in the first half, 3 versus 1 and he tried to dribble past the defender instead of passing to Klose.  I could continue but I am getting nervous just thinking about the game again.  Maybe later I will give you my opinions on the rest of the squad (Konko, Dias, Cisse, etc.).

FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #2 il: 30 Set 2011, 07:50 »
hey maple, we need you around here more often! let me know when you're up and about during a match and we can actually start a thread that'll have some movement in it.
look forward to hearing from you!
 :ssl

Offline Maple

« Risposta #3 il: 26 Ott 2011, 04:12 »
Ciao tutti,
I missed the derby 2 weeks ago, but I did watch Sunday's game.  Although we played well enough to win, we were a little fortunate on both goals, mind you, we earned an obvious penalty that was incredibly missed by the referee.  3 points that were well deserved.

Marchetti looked very good, meno male!
Konko and Radu showed that they are our 2 best fullbacks, and both played quite well.
Biava and Dias played well, but they are 1 year older than last season, and this may become a problem.
Lulic was probably our most effective midfielder, good feet, good lungs & just enough vision to be dangerous.
Ledesma defended well, but continues to give up the ball all over the pitch.
Matuz played as he always does...non existant for long periods, than 1 or 2 nice plays/passes.
Hernanes continues to concern me.  Very, very selfish, head down and does not run!  Scored a very lucky goal that should have never even been an attempt on goal!  (IMHO - sell him in January).
Cisse continues to try hard.  Runs well but only sees the field when standing still, never when he is in motion.
Klose...truly a joy to watch.  He is a world class player.  We must enjoy him while he is here.

Ciao for now...and FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Maple

« Risposta #4 il: 26 Ott 2011, 04:36 »
Ciao tutti,
Could someone please help me?  I still cannot open my own thread (not enough posts I guess).
I require the assistance of my Lazio.net community.  I have 2 young players that are coming to Europe, and I would love for them to become future Laziali.

One is from 1993, and is a truly gifted attacking midfielder.  Incredible vision, completely 2 footed, wonderful distributor of the ball.

One is from 1994, and is currently in Europe (Hungary), playing as a minor, but has already been offered a contract with their first team (1st division).  He is an extraordinary striker.  At 16 years of age, he was the youngest player to ever sign a professional contract in Canada.

Both of these players are contractually free to sign anywhere with no transfer.  How can I get them to Italy, and especially to Lazio for an open tryout?  Does anyone in our community have contacts with the club?

Thank you again,

and of course....FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Offline sharp

« Risposta #5 il: 26 Ott 2011, 05:46 »
Ciao tutti,
Could someone please help me?  I still cannot open my own thread (not enough posts I guess).
I require the assistance of my Lazio.net community.  I have 2 young players that are coming to Europe, and I would love for them to become future Laziali.

One is from 1993, and is a truly gifted attacking midfielder.  Incredible vision, completely 2 footed, wonderful distributor of the ball.

One is from 1994, and is currently in Europe (Hungary), playing as a minor, but has already been offered a contract with their first team (1st division).  He is an extraordinary striker.  At 16 years of age, he was the youngest player to ever sign a professional contract in Canada.

Both of these players are contractually free to sign anywhere with no transfer.  How can I get them to Italy, and especially to Lazio for an open tryout?  Does anyone in our community have contacts with the club?

Thank you again,

and of course....FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Hi Maple is as you said.
You get to 25 posts before you can open a thread

Offline Tarallo

« Risposta #6 il: 26 Ott 2011, 06:34 »
Hi Maple is as you said.

Maple, write one bullshit post after another until you get to 25.
It's easy, I have done it about 33000 times :DD

Offline cartesio

« Risposta #7 il: 26 Ott 2011, 17:48 »
33179 is prime (courtesy of Maple).

Please do not post any more. 

Offline sharp

« Risposta #8 il: 27 Ott 2011, 00:07 »
Maple, write one bullshit post after another until you get to 25.
It's easy, I have done it about 33000 times :DD

ca@@one panato
 :=))

Offline Maple

« Risposta #9 il: 31 Ott 2011, 11:40 »
Hello all,
I watched Cagliari - Lazio yesterday, and these are my opinions regarding the game and its players.

In order for our Lazio to contend for the scudetto, or at least a Champions League spot, we seriously require a midfield.  Lulic, Brocchi and Mauri are the only good ones we have.  Hernanes and Ledesma are not a good fit for this team. 
Hernanes is much too selfish, too lazy and too slow.  If Arsenal, or anyone for that matter has interest in the January trade window, SELL, SELL, SELL. 
Ledesma continues give away 75% of the passes that he attempts. I will admit, every two or three games he delivers one good free kick (yesterday's to Rocchi), but that is not enough to keep him in the "engine room" of our midfield.  He could remain, as a substitute, but not part of the starting 11.

Marchetti, Konko and Radu did well, and will continue to do so.
Dias and Diakite leave a few worries, but did do the job yesterday, especially in the air.
Lulic was Lazio's best player yesterday, and Brocchi did what he always does.  These 2 never stop running!
Ledesma was terrible again, and Hernanes has been the same all season, and most of last year.  He can score some magnificent goals, but with his age and skills, he should be creating 2 to 3 chances per game.  SELL, SELL, SELL................
Cisse is another story,  He will become a good goal scorer and good set-up man, but not until he learns to play in italy.  Watch out for him during the second half of the season.
Klose......nothing more to say, an extraordinary striker, with great sense of the game.  Lazio's true team leader.

SPECIAL NOTE for Rocchi.....auguri for your 100th, this team still needs him.  He is a great alternate striker, coming in as a substitute. 
« Risposta #10 il: 11 Nov 2011, 20:53 »
Hi Maple is as you said.
How about before voting in a poll or at least seeing it? How many posts does one need for that?
« Risposta #11 il: 11 Nov 2011, 20:53 »
I just noticed I had 24 polls, so I guess I'll just make another post to get to 25 and see what happens...
« Risposta #12 il: 11 Nov 2011, 20:59 »
Yep, 25 posts did the trick for seeing polls as well...

Offline sharp

« Risposta #13 il: 14 Nov 2011, 00:13 »
I just noticed I had 24 polls, so I guess I'll just make another post to get to 25 and see what happens...
How about before voting in a poll or at least seeing it? How many posts does one need for that?

;)

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #14 il: 15 Nov 2011, 05:59 »

welcome! hope to see you around this part of the board more often  :ssl

Offline Maple

« Risposta #15 il: 26 Nov 2011, 23:20 »
It is November 26th, and I just finished watching LAZIO - Juve (0-1).
This team's problems/weaknesses become more obvious every week.

I can't understand why it isn't blatantly obvious that we do not have a midfield.
I read the italian pages on this site and am amazed to read other's perspectives of the game.

Today Ledesma, Hernanes and Brocchi were terrible!  Mind you, Radu, Stanke, Sculli and Cisse were not very much better.  We create the odd opportunity by chance, very rarely a well constructed play.

The better players today were Konko and Marchetti.  Diakite defended well, but still requires a large amount of deveopment before he can be considered a "good" central defender.

The players I feel sorry for today are Klose and Rocchi.  The first because he barely received any service today, and the second because he made some very intelligent runs today, received some services, but just had no luck today.  Rocchi could have easily scored 2 goals in the first half today and would have been the "hero".  I am too nervous to continue right now.

CIAO...............and FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Maple

« Risposta #16 il: 01 Dic 2011, 12:01 »
I need to get to post #25

Offline Maple

« Risposta #17 il: 01 Dic 2011, 12:01 »

Offline Maple

« Risposta #18 il: 01 Dic 2011, 12:02 »