Lazio's 2010-2011 Season

frontwards

frontwards

Lazio's 2010-2011 Season
« il: 15 Ago 2010, 21:07 »
with less than two weeks left until the start of the season i thought i'd open this little space for us to discuss and exchange opinions, regardless of how 'maccheronico' or not your english may be, about the happenings of our beloved Lazio.
this is a place to talk about matches, results (hopefully many good ones this season), transfers, injuries (hopefully we'll keep this stat to a minimum).
for those of you living outside of italy let us know what the press is saying about us, what the reactions to our results are, how you live matchday (by this i mean...do you belong to a Lazio club? are you forced to find a decent internet stream to be able to watch the match? etc.). i say this because as someone who lived away from rome for over 10 years i understand how difficult and many times painful it can be to have to support the team from a distance...but you are, just as those of us lucky enough to be able to go to the matches on sunday, an integral part of this club and what makes it so special.
hoping that we can celebrate many successes together this season i leave you with a big FORZA LAZIO.

:band1:

Online Tarallo

Re:Lazio's 2010-2011 Season
« Risposta #1 il: 15 Ago 2010, 21:12 »
Alright, we'll give it a try.
For me (I live in France) it's been 100% streaming with very vew exceptions.
I got myself organised early on and I must have missed a game or two at most.
Unless I decided to skip intentionally.
Not many comments on Lazio here this year yet.
Yesterday I watched Chelsea and the studio guest was Ousmane Dabo, sadly looking for a team in France.
The words "Eat quietly" came to mind.  :D

I will try to help you keep this thread alive.  ;)

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #2 il: 15 Ago 2010, 21:22 »
Alright, we'll give it a try.
For me (I live in France) it's been 100% streaming with very vew exceptions.
I got myself organised early on and I must have missed a game or two at most.
Unless I decided to skip intentionally.
Not many comments on Lazio here this year yet.
Yesterday I watched Chelsea and the studio guest was Ousmane Dabo, sadly looking for a team in France.
The words "Eat quietly" came to mind.  :D

I will try to help you keep this thread alive.  ;)

the fact that there hasn't been much action on this part of the forum is one of the reasons that pushed me to join...and of course the fact that i adore our team (and this site of course!).
thanks for the support tara', i was hoping you'd be quick to jump on this one.
« Risposta #3 il: 20 Ago 2010, 22:32 »
So Cal here, just streaming and I gotta get up early, way too early on Sunday  :(

I think I met Giorgio Chinaglia at the farmer market, he was selling Italian cheese using the pseudonym Franky Pallazza. Pretty sure about that.

BTW, I see real eagles and will try to bump your thread :)

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #4 il: 20 Ago 2010, 23:09 »
So Cal here, just streaming and I gotta get up early

i feel your pain! i lived in the states (the midwest) for a long time. . .but waking up early to listen to the match (it was still the era of dial-up internet connections  :shock:) was imperative.
thanks for your support. i do truly believe that having people share how they live the team from a distance is an added value not only to this forum, but also to Lazio fans in general and our Club (especially considering what the atmosphere at the stadium has been these past few years).
SFL and everyone, in whichever way you can, try and contribute!

Online Tarallo

« Risposta #5 il: 21 Ago 2010, 08:21 »
Pretty sure about that.

:lol:

NoCal here (well, in the past... but still iruns n my veins), we'll have to fight at some point  :D
Stone age, streaming was referred only to rivers... missed a lot of Lazio in those days.
Not anymore. God technology is good.

skizzo87

skizzo87

« Risposta #6 il: 21 Ago 2010, 08:41 »
Hey,

I can easily feel your problem with streamings and so on, as I am currently living in Rwanda and my only solution is to listen in through the radio podcast, if it works. Even if I am going to attempt a shot at an Italian restaurant here and see if I  can arrange something with the owner and his Rai International :D

Cheers and Forza Lazio

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #7 il: 21 Ago 2010, 12:54 »
Stone age, streaming was referred only to rivers... missed a lot of Lazio in those days.

Even if I am going to attempt a shot at an Italian restaurant here and see if I  can arrange something with the owner and his Rai International :D

hey skizzo i hope it works out for you, it doesn't sound like you have the easiest of setups as far as following the matches is concerned unfortunately.
hopefully the restaurant owner is not a riommer fan!!

skizzo87

skizzo87

« Risposta #8 il: 21 Ago 2010, 19:01 »

hey skizzo i hope it works out for you, it doesn't sound like you have the easiest of setups as far as following the matches is concerned unfortunately.
hopefully the restaurant owner is not a riommer fan!!

We'll what I can get out of it. He can be of any team but that one, even if it won't change much on the game to be shown as Rai International decides which go live. Therefore, as the last solution,  there is the old podcast with Radio Rai :D or more specialized radio stations

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #9 il: 21 Ago 2010, 20:24 »
We'll what I can get out of it. He can be of any team but that one, even if it won't change much on the game to be shown as Rai International decides which go live. Therefore, as the last solution,  there is the old podcast with Radio Rai :D or more specialized radio stations

100%
best of luck ski' and make sure to keep us updated!
SFL

skizzo87

skizzo87

« Risposta #10 il: 21 Ago 2010, 20:27 »
100%
best of luck ski' and make sure to keep us updated!
SFL

For sure anyways MyLazionet is main way  I'm in touch with my loved Lazio :D

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #11 il: 21 Ago 2010, 22:53 »
so...it doesn't pertain to OUR season necessarily but things, generally speaking, seem to have started how we all hoped they would  :D
come on LAZIO!

ps-i hope that those of you who live outside of italy didn't have to endure the atrocious italian commentary...it was unbearable to say the least (until the second inter goal  8))

Online seagull

« Risposta #12 il: 24 Ago 2010, 12:08 »
Hello. Just noticed the thread so I thought I may as well join in. I can consider myself lucky as i can watch all matches via a sky contract (legit), subscribed with a genuine Italian address (my brother), so with the exception of some Coppa Italia matches my son (a true laziale) and me can enjoy all of it, I am actually getting impatient for the debut in Genoa.

Forza Lazio

Offline mrmoto

« Risposta #13 il: 24 Ago 2010, 17:01 »
I suppose I'm the luckiest so far in that I live in Rome and just got my season ticket renewed. I just got back from a week in my native Ireland and had missed out on any internet updates, so you can immagine my thrill today to find out Ledesma signed, we got Roque too, Hernanes had a great debut and the shitbags lost the Super Cup final (yet again!). Happy days all round. Wishing us all a much better season this year, and I'll do my best to contribute to this thread as often as possible.

ciao for now

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #14 il: 24 Ago 2010, 20:28 »
it's great to see more and more of you joining into the discussion.
today we got some great news with the contract renewal of Cristian and the signing of Roque...looks like we're going to have some serious fun this season! Congrats to Pres. Lotito and Tare because this summer they are truly delivering the goods (and a prophet  :))
only 120 hours to go until our first match...hopefully sampdoria will have a tough one tonight (and 1 or 2 light injuries on their side wouldn't hurt  :D)
keep on writing, sharing your opinions/ideas and of course SFL.

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #15 il: 27 Ago 2010, 21:05 »
hey everyone...
today the official Lazio webpage was 'remodeled' . i wanted to get your reactions on it, do you think it looks much different? are you pleased, disappointed?
like i said on the italian part of the forum i think it's definitely a step in the right direction (the old version was an absolute disaster), but i'm very perplexed by the fact that there's no option to navigate it in other languages. not like there needs to be a myriad of languages (i was looking at the milan one and they actually have both a uk and usa version-that's not what i'm asking for here), but i think that an italian/english/chinese combination (especially considering we were in china about a year ago for the supercup and it has the potential to be such a big market for the team) to start off, and eventually adding arabic is absolutely necessary.
it's difficult for me to understand why in 2010 a Lazio fan who might have difficulty with the italian language cannot keep updated on club news through its offical page.
i hope this is a start...a work in progress...an additional tool that'll show the rest of the world the glory of this club.
ok, i'm done with my mini rant.
t minus 48 hours until the start of our season!
SFL
« Risposta #16 il: 28 Ago 2010, 03:12 »
any difference? http://www.manutd.com/
« Risposta #17 il: 31 Ago 2010, 00:27 »
ok don't get me wrong but I HATE this national team fuckin' break

frontwards

frontwards

« Risposta #18 il: 02 Set 2010, 19:58 »
ok don't get me wrong but I HATE this national team fuckin' break

i agree, but hopefully Reja can use these few weeks to go back to the drawing board and work with the team especially considering that with the end of the transfer market the squad is now set until january.
the physical and mental drop the team had in the second half against sampdoria is something he needs to work on with the players.
« Risposta #19 il: 11 Set 2010, 21:20 »
Hi to everyone.
Glad to see this forum section so active, I guess it's time for me to start over writing some bs.  :D
Even though I live near Rome I can barely attend the stadium twice a year, due to job-related problems.

Anyway, still 15 hours 'till our next match against Bologna, hoping Reja will find the optimal settings for the defence line-up and the prophet's position as well.

(While I'm typing Cesena scored a goal against Milan...  :lol: )

The new official website is way better than the old one, still not that good though; as frontwards said, let's hope it'll get better soon, time will tell.

C'mon Lazio!